Summer is already here and heat, humidity and sweat are just some of the factors acting in the toxin’s accumulation, worsening the appearance of the skin. But there is no need to worry. In fact, it is possible to take care of your skin with small and simple daily gestures through which the toxic substances and accumulated dead cells, result of the hot season and the bad habits, will be removed.
It’s summer, and the first thing to consider is the prolonged exposure to the sun’s rays, which affect premature cells aging. More specifically, the sun’s rays are split in two categories: UVA and UVB rays.
UVA rays represent the 95% of the rays that reach the Earth; they are able to penetrate the deep layers of the epidermis and facilitate the production of free radicals, highly unstable molecules that damage the structure of existing cells. They erode elastin and collagen fibers leading to the formation of wrinkles, or in severe cases, to the onset of skin cancers. UVB rays, on the other hand, represent only the 5% of the rays that reach the Earth and they are more intense in summer. They are more harmful than UVA rays, as they cause erythema, sunburn and allergic reactions if sunscreen is not applied. Therefore, the first tip to protect the skin is precisely to start with regular application of a sunscreen with UVA and UVB filters.
However, sunscreen should be accompanied by a proper beauty routine. It consists in the daily cleansing of the skin in the morning and in the evening, with a gentle, nonaggressive product.
- Apply a clay mask, perfect for removing toxins without irritating the skin, and finally apply a moisturizer.
- Once a week you should use a scrub, as it removes dead surface cells and, at the same time, reactivates circulation allowing subsequent treatments to act more effectively.
Last but not least, it is also possible to act from within the body.
- Drink at least 1.5/2 liters of water per day, (even 3 for those who practice sports) to replenish lost fluids, even better if at room temperature. A useful tip with miraculous results is to drink a cup of lukewarm water with lemon in the morning, it eliminates toxins accumulated during the night.
- Use natural food supplements and reduce the consumption of alcohol, smoking, fats and refined sugars as they are responsible for inflammation. This last ones, erode the production of collagen vital to have a toned and wrinkle-free skin. Stevia or any natural sweetener is an excellent substitute.
- It is also recommended to aid digestion with fiber and seasonal vegetables.
Fruits and vegetables are ideal to flavor water and creating a drink aimed at purifying the body without losing the pleasure of taste.
Lemon and cucumber water: the purifying power of lemon mixes with the anti-inflammatory properties of cucumber; in addition, you can add mint and ginger, which have digestive benefits.
There are a few simple steps that can form a healthy routine to improve the appearance of our skin, to feel better about ourselves.
What do you start with?